MYRA DINNEEN is the Principle Solicitor in her own Practice at 65 South Main Street, Bandon which was established by her in 2006. She qualified as a solicitor in 1992 having studied law at U.C.C. and the Law Society of Ireland and subsequently worked in the legal practices of P.J. O’Driscolls Solicitors Bandon, Butler Cunningham and Moloney Solicitors Tipperary, Wolfe & Company Solicitors Bantry and Barry C. Galvin & Sons Solicitors Cork City.
Myra has excellent wide ranging experience across all matters applicable to a General Practice. In recent years, she has built up considerable specific experience working in the area of Civil and Criminal Litigation involving District, Circuit and High Court.
Employment Law had undergone radical change in recent years. In this area, much has occurred through the Law for Employment protection. This is most noticeable in the field of the Employee. We act for both employers and employees. We advise the Employer on all aspects of legislation from Contracts of Employment to Employees rights and we advise Employees of their rights in this growing area of the law. We have processed cases successfully before the Employment Appeals Tribunal and the Rights Commissioner and the Circuit Court. An overview of work undertaken by us includes the following areas:
- Contracts of Employment
- Employment Equity and Discrimination
- Bullying and Harassment in the workplace
In the current economic climate this is an area of Law that is being used more and more by individual traders, companies and partnerships, as a tool to enable them to collect bad debts that are due to them and outstanding with some time. From time to time, Businesses perhaps experience bad debts. The Debt Collection procedure can be a lengthy process involving the Courts. Nonetheless, it may be the only recourse open to the Business in seeking to collect what is due and owing to them. We can advise on the steps involved in this process and keep you involved at all stages of the procedure.
In the present climate, the 30 or 60 day credit terms have turned into months in many cases. The excuses can be unbelievable. Steps that are open to us in this situation can include the following:
- Letters of Demand
- Issuing proceedings in the District Court or in the other appropriate
- Court if the letter of demand is ignored
- Attending Court to prove the debt where the Debtor defends the action
- Obtaining Judgment in cases where the Debtor does not defend the action.
- Enforcing the Judgment by obtaining a Court Order directing the
- Debtor to pay the debt in installments
- Lodging the Order of the Court with the Sheriff to seize goods to discharge moneys due
- Registering a Judgment Mortgage on Title of the property belonging to the Debtor which is a Mortgage on the property of the Debtor for the benefit of the client
This is an area that we have a particular interest in. Our offices are located in a strong agricultural base in Bandon. In particular, we place great emphasis on the importance of planning for successful succession on Family farms. We believe in providing practical information necessary to address this process to endure a smooth transfer. We advise on all issues pertaining to the area from Stamp Duty, to Capital Gains Tax, to Rights of Residence, Maintenance and Support, and Pensions. However, Agricultural Law encompasses a vast area not least with the influence of European Laws and Regulations. An overview of the work undertaken by us includes the following areas:
- Purchase/Farm Transfers
- Leases of Agricultural Land
- Livestock sales and purchase/buyers rights
- Milk Quota
- Single Farm Payments
It is indeed unfortunate when people have accidents, be it in a public place, in the workplace, at home, on the street, or in a car. Nonetheless, people are entitled to seek legal advice should this unfortunate event occur. Sometimes, litigation may involve Court. This can be a very stressful time for the individuals involved. In these cases, our focus is aimed at acting in the best interest of our client at all times and if possible, to see the dispute settled in an efficient and timely manner. An overview of the work undertaken by us includes the following areas:
- Road Traffic Accident *
- Personal Injuries Claims with P.I.A.B. *
- Workplace Accident *
- Accidents in Public Places *
* In contentious business, a solicitor may not calculate fees or other charges as a percentage or proportion of any award or settlement.
Our Practice acts for clients in many areas of disputes between parties that may or may not involve Court work examples of work covered by us in this area include the following:
- Property Disputes (Rights of Way, Squatter’s Title)
- Disputes on Succession and Probate Law
- Poor workmanship
It is the principal of this Practice to seek to resolve these disputes between the parties as preferred action to Court.
True to say that the only way that a person can have their assets distributed after they die in a manner that they want is by having a Will in place. Whilst no one likes to dwell on their mortality, the time comes when all of us should consider putting our affairs in order for after we die. If you are thinking of doing something, just do it. Go and talk to someone who knows what they are doing. We provide both a professional and a personal touch in this area and can advise in all issues pertaining to the drafting and making of your Will. An overview of the work undertaken by us includes the following areas:
- Advices on making a Will
- Drafting Wills
- Administration of Estates on death
- Succession Issues including Court Applications on behalf of dissatisfied beneficiaries
Family Law is a complex area not least because of the emotions that can be involved. When a marriage breaks down inevitably the Solicitors are called upon to advise on the terms of any proposed separation between the parties. Usually our focus here is to approach the matter in as least a non confrontational manner as is possible so as to avoid any further aggravation that the parties may themselves be feeling. In cases where this is not possible, proceedings will be issued and all steps taken to ensure a full and fair hearing in the Family Law Courts. There are many facets to Family Law which can include both District Court and the higher Courts. An overview of the work undertaken by us includes the following areas:
- Judicial Separations
- Barring Orders
- Maintenance Application
- Application for variation of maintenance applications
- Custody Application
- Guardianship Applications
Conveyancing and property is one of the cornerstones in our Practice. We regularly advise clients on transactions pertaining to property be it residential or commercial. Whether buying selling or leasing , it is very important to have a solid legal guiding hand in the steps that need to be taken to satisfactorily complete the matter. An overview of our work undertaken by us includes the following:
- Residential sales and purchases
- Commercial sales and purchases.
- Commercial Leases and rent reviews
- Mortgages and remorgaging
- Planning issues related to the property.
- Landlord and Tenant law for both the landlord and the Tenant
- Taxation issues applicable be it CGT , Stamp Duty and /or Vat.
- Co-Ownership Agreements